Recipe: Green Eggs & Ham
The famous “Green Eggs & Ham”. Whether you’re an avid fan of Dr. Seuss or looking a savory snack-time dish, check out this recipe that our friend Scott Simpson, Executive Chef of The Founders Inn and Spa, put together during the Buy fresh, Buy Local Hampton Roads event this past weekend:
Green Deviled Eggs and Ham
Makes: 12 halves
- 6 large Mt Pleasant Farm Eggs
- 1 dash Georgia Farms Olive Oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2-3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced Dodd’s Poblano
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Old bay
- 4 strips Dehydrated Edwards Ham and Crispy Edwards Bacon, minced
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- Slice HB eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks.
- Place yolks in a large bowl with XVOO, avocado, Poblano, Old Bay, half the bacon, and half the chives; mash until smooth.
- Spoon mixture in to a plastic bag with Large Star Tip, squeeze out the air, and seal. With scissors, snip off one of the corners of the bag by ½ inches to create a piping bag. Pipe yolk mixture in to egg white halves liberally add a little extra filling to “over-stuff” each egg white).
- Garnish each with ham and chives.
Latest posts by Sammy (see all)
- Bloomberg Pursuits: Peanut Fed Surryano “Rivals the Best” - November 9, 2015
- The Results Are In! Ham Flavor Guide from The Great Artisanal Ham Tasting - September 8, 2015
- RECIPE: Sweet Corn Polenta with Guanciale - June 15, 2015